A complete CV is available at the bottom of this page.
Areas of Expertise:
- Editing, writing, and publishing: Award-winning fiction and non-fiction writer, award-winning editor, and sought-after publishing and self-publishing consultant.
- Strategic communications: Successful creator and executor of award-winning media, consumer, analyst, government relations, internal, community, and political initiatives that integrate advertising, marketing, and media and public relations. Award-winning individual contributor and leader on global product and corporate marketing teams of a Fortune 500 corporation.
- Public, media, community, and analyst relations to inform and influence key audiences: Seasoned practitioner of public relations, marketing, advertising, competitive analysis, and fundraising strategies and tactics across technology devices and services, telecoms, health care, energy and natural resources, logistics and transportation, and political and non-profit industries.
- Large-scale project management: Effective coordinator of complex business, media, legislative and regulatory, political, and non-profit partnerships at global, national, and local levels.
- Leadership: Productive and visionary manager of people, financial and material assets, and events in international and national for-profit and non-profit environments.
- Strategic communications advisor, writer, editor, and publisher, July 2001 to present.
- Third-party candidate for public office: U.S. Congress, AZ-1 (2006) and Mayor, Flagstaff, Ariz. (2008).
- Northern Arizona University School of Communication: Public relations strategy and public relations writing instructor – Flagstaff, Ariz., Spring 2006.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.: Consultant, manager, and acting director for AMD’s Global Communications division – Austin, Tex., April 2002 to September 2006.
- Cohn & Wolfe (formerly Springbok Technologies, Inc.): High-technology public relations agency senior account executive and people manager – Austin, Tex., September 2000 to July 2001.
- Greg Musil for U.S. Congress: Manager of $425,000 political campaign – KS-3, March to August 2000.
- Cerner Corporation: Senior manager of public affairs for the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions – Kansas City, Mo., October 1999 to March 2000.
- Public Strategies, Inc., representing AT&T (formerly SBC Communications): Legislative and regulatory strategy and media advisor on political, telecommunications, and corporate merger issues for nation’s largest telecommunications company – Washington, D.C., and Little Rock, Ark., November 1997 to November 1999.
- Pete McGill & Associates: Legislative and regulatory lobbyist for energy, natural resources, telecommunications, information technology, and gaming industries – Topeka, Kan., October 1995 to November 1997.
- Kansas Corporation Commission: Director of public affairs and consumer protection for utility, transportation, and natural resources regulatory agency – Topeka, Kan., January to October 1995.
- Bill Graves for Governor: Director and manager of $2 million political campaign, and administration transition manager – State of Kansas, May 1992 to January 1995.
- M.Public Affairs, May 1992. Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
- B.A. Political Science (History minor, Asian studies concentration), May 1990. Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas.
- Graphic Design certificate, Spring 2014 (expected). Bellevue College, Bellevue, Washington.
Click here to download a complete CV.